I've always said I'm a percolator. I like to let ideas drip through my mind like an old fashion coffee maker. I'm usually witty but I'm not always a quick wit. I think of my best ideas after the conversation ends. Usually in the shower after a run.
In case you're a percolator too, here are the questions I've brewed up for our first chat. I know we wouldn't get to all of these but better over prepared than under. Based on other chat's I've been a part of, I think we'll only get to 4 questions. And I'll have to shorten them to fit in 140 characters ;)
- Are you clearly one mindset or the other? Or are you a combination?
- The last paragraph in the section Is Success About Learning - or Proving You're Smart in Chapter 2 is from a 7th grade girl who says questioning increases her intelligence. Do we value our questioners?
- In the CEO Disease section of Chapter 2, are there parallels between Iacocca/Japanese story and current efforts to reform education?
- "Becoming is better than being" How can we foster this type thinking in students?
- "A test score is forever" With our standardized testing culture, how can we prevent students from defining themselves by their scores?
- What's your biggest AHA from Chapters 1 & 2?
Please let me know if there's a question you definitely want to get to tomorrow night. I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night!!