The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!Sounds fun to me! Which is how I would describe Amber. She is just fun. We met last year at EdCamp Dallas. She's one of the organizers. Amber is very welcoming as well. Every time I've seen her since then, she's always be wonderful. No awkwardness (as is my trademark) just genuine friendship.
Here are the Sunshine Award rules:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Here are my random facts...
1. I love going to school. My job and actual classes. If I won the lotto, I'd just go take college classes for fun.
2. I love cartoons. Hey Arnold and Fairly OddParents are two of my favorites.
3. I love Mr. Sketch smelly markers. I order new ones every school year.
4. I love to watch sports and go to sporting events but I can not play any sports. I close my eyes when something comes at me.
5. #4 stems from being hit in the head with a discuss as a young girl. Actually a funny story. Ask me sometimes.
6. At some point in every school year, I will walk into the gym and get hit in the head with a ball. My first year at Sunnyvale it happened in from of our Superindentdant. I had to work really hard not to cry.
7. I go to Sam's Club once a month to buy stuff for the boys' lunches and meat. I then spend the next afternoon browning meat, dividing it into freezer bags, and separating lunch items into bags. I have a blue box that holds the lunch stuff. Leftovers go in the clear box. You can't eat out of the blue box but have what you want out of the clear box.
8. I discovered at EdCamp Dallas this year, I realized that I don't like pictures taken of my from the side. I don't like how my nose looks from the side. I tried to institute a 'no side nose' photo policy.
9. I'm most productive when I'm wearing comfy jeans, funny tshirt and Chucks. It'd be great if this were in dress code.
10. I wrote a picture book called Santa Moon and half a middle grade novel about a girl baseball player. Then I got terrible writer's block. No fiction comes from my brain these days.
11. I'm actually shy until you get to know me. When I'm comfortable, watch out.
Questions from Amber
1. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? about 50/50 depends on how badly I want the item
2. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 30, I think. Over 25 of these hurt my feet but are really cute.
3. What is your favorite type of music? Favorite band or song? Love country music. Love dancing to country music. I mostly listen to sports radio though. I kept Amber's answer here. It applies to me as well.
4. Cats or Dogs? Why… Dogs. Chihuahuas. But not the yappy kind. I have one of each. 1 yappy 1 non-yappy.
5. What is your typical bedtime? about 20 minutes after the boys go to bed.
6. Favorite twitter chat? #txed
7. Democrat/Republican/Other? Democrat - I'm very out of place politically in my community.
8. Best place you ever vacationed? Any beach with my boys. I love Paris and New York as well. I'd like to live in either of those places.
9. Best book you’ve read in 2013? Mindset (I'm a geek, see #1 above)
10. Favorite television show when you were growing up? Hey Arnold or Dukes of Hazzard
11. What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of? I was Teacher of the Year my first year to teach and I've been Teacher of the Year at 2 of the 3 schools I've worked at.
My 11 bloggers:
1. Carrie Ross (@carrierosstx)
2. Rafranz Davis (@rafranzdavis)
3. Sydney Musslewhite (@smussle)
4. Paul Wagner (@pwagnerlcisd)
5. Zach Snow (@zachsnow)
6.Daisy Marino (@daisyray215)
7. Christi Watts (@cwatts27)
8. Christina Carrion (@carrion_creates)
9. Don Jacobs (@don_Jacobs)
10. Jennifer Fountain (@jennann516)
11. Brenda Key (@bkeyisme)
I'd like y'all to answer the same questions. And to know how much I appreciate the sunshine that each of you (and all of you, too) bring into my life!